Bottle Gourd or Lau Chingri is a popular and traditional Bengali dish. The recipe varies little bit from home to home.
Ingredients- Bottle Gourd Shrimp Curry
- 500 grams white marrow, peeled and grated.
- 250 grams small prawns, cleaned and deviened.
- 100 grams shelled green peas.
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. garam masala.
- 2 tblsps. cumin seeds.
- 2 bay leaves.
How To Prepare Bottle Gourd Shrimp Curry
- A few sprigs coriander leaves.
- 2 green chillies, minced.
- Salt and chilli powder to taste.
- Powder 1½ tblsps. cumin seeds.
- Mix with turmeric and chilli powder and salt and apply on the prawns set aside for 15 minutes.
- Steam cook the vegetables .
- Heat 5 tblsps. mustard oil and toss in the remaining cumin seeds.
- 2 red chillies and bay leaves.
- When the mixture turns brown, add the prawns and fry till dry and nicely browned on all the sides.
- Put in the vegetables and big pinch of flour and fry till the oil floats to the top.
- Remove from fire and sprinkle garam masala, green chillies and coriander leaves on top.
Please follow and like us: