- Unpolished brown rice-2 cups
- Split black lentils(Urad Dal)-3/4 cup
- Split Bengal gram(Chana Dal)- 2tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ghee for cooking
- Coconut chutney
How To Prepare Brown Rice Dosa
- Combine the brown rice with enough water in a deep bowl. Cover with a lid and keep aside to soak for 4 hours.
- Combine the urad dal, chana dal and fenugreek seeds in a deep bowl. Cover with a lid and keep aside to soak for 4 hours.
- Wash and drain the brown rice and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using approx. 1½ cups of water. Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Wash and drain the urad dal- chana dal mixture and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using approx. 1½ cups of water. Transfer the mixture into the same deep bowl with the brown rice mixture. Add the salt and mix very well.
- Cover and ferment in a warm place for 8 hours.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7”) diameter thin circle.
- Smear a little ghee over it and along the edges and cook on a high flame till the dosa turns brown in colour and crisp.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 34 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney and sambhar.
Please follow and like us: