Mangoes which are still unripe and green are peeled, sliced and then dried in the sun. Then grind into a powder, known as Aamchur. The powder is rich in Vitamin C and cures digestion. This spice imparts a sour fruity note and works well in dry fish dishes such as this light stir-fry.
Fish With Peppers Ingredients
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp aamchur. (Use MDH’s Aamchur)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2tsp peeled and grated fish fillet and cut into small pieces.
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 1 chopped red, green and yellow pepper
- 1 chopped tomato
- A few washed and chopped coriander leaves
Fish With Peppers Preparation
- In a small bowl, mix the ground coriander, cumin, aamchur, chilli powder and ginger.
- Coat the fish with spice mixture and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat and add one tablespoon of the oil. Add the onion and fry for five minutes until translucent. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Put the cornflour in a shadow dish and add the fish, turning it to coat it in the cornflour.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan on low heat. Add the fish and cook for 5-7 minutes until lightly golden. Remove the fish and set aside.
- Turn up the heat, add the peppers to the pan and stir-fry for two minutes. Mix the onion and the fish and toss gently.
- Garnish with the tomato and coriander leaves. Serve hot with chapatis.
Recipe Contributor- Gaurav Sen , Check out his Coriander Chicken recipe