Prawns are a low-fat source of protein and are a healthy choice for the main course. Coconut is quite high in saturated fat, which considered as an occasional treat. The amalgamation of coconut with seafood is a match made in food heaven and is very popular in Southern India(especially Kerala).
Preparation Time- 10 Minutes , Marinating Time – 10 Minutes , Cooking Time – 15 Minutes
Kerala Style Dry Coconut Prawns- Ingredients
- Turmeric-1/4 Tsp
- Chilli Powder- 1/4 Tsp
- Salt – To Appreciation
- Half cooked small prawns- 500gms peeled
- Grated fresh root ginger – 1 Tsp
- Finely chopped green chilli – One
- Groundnut oil- 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped curry leaves- 6-8
- Chopped onion – 1
- Ground Coriander- 2 Tsp
- Freshly grated coconut- 150gm
- Tamarind concentrate- 1/2 Tsp
How to make Kerala Style Dry Coconut Prawns?
- Mix the turmeric, chilli powder and salt. Take a large bowl and add the prawns and mix well
- Then add the garlic, ginger and green chilli and stir into the prawns. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan on medium heat and add the curry leaves, then add the onion and saute for 6-7 minutes until it turns a light brown colour.
- Add the ground coriander and stir for a minute, then add the coconut and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the prawns and their marinade and cook for 5-7 minutes until well combined.
- Serve hot with fried rice.
Check out our other recipes at this given link