Murgh Malai Curry recipe is the perfect combination of marinated and roasted pieces of chicken in a rich malai and milk sauce.
The name of the recipe sounds so royal, so just think of the rich royal taste of the whole preparation. Here desi ghee is used to fry onions, but all cooking is done without the use of oil or ghee, but tastes just as good.
Ingredients-Murg Malai Curry
- Chicken Pieces-750 Grams
- Ginger Paste-Two Teaspoon
- Garlic Paste- One Teaspoon
- Fresh Cream- One Half Cup
- Almond & Cashewnut Paste- Two Tablespoon
- Black pepper powder- One and a half Teaspoon
- Salt- As per your requirement
- Sliced Onion- One Piece
- Milk-One Cup
- Cardamom Powder- Two Teaspoon
- Cinamon Stick-One Inch
- Bay Leaf – Two Pieces
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves- Two-Three Teaspoon
- Ghee)Clarified Butter)- Four Teaspoon
- Curd-Half Cup
Hows to prepare Murg Malai Curry?
- To begin making the Murgh Malaiwala recipe, firstly clean and wash the chicken pieces and dry it.
- Take a big bowl and add chicken, salt, pepper and mix it well. Refrigerate it for about 2 hours or more.
- After 2 hours, add garlic, ginger, curd, almond and cashew nut paste and two tablespoons cream into the chicken and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan with ghee. Add cardamom powder and onions in the pan and let it cook till the onions become soft and translucent.
- Next, add the marinated chicken pieces and let it cook for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, add in the cream, milk with a cinnamon stick and bay leaf.
- Boil stirring occasionally till the chicken pieces are fully cooked and semi-thick gravy consistency is formed.
- Sprinkle Dried Fenugreek leaves on the gravy and stir it well. Let it cook for about a minute or two.
- Switch off the gas, cover the pan and let it sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve Murgh Malai Curry along with Garlic Naan, Tawa Roti or etc.