Oats Rava Idli recipe is the perfect blend of oats and grains that you can prepare for your daily breakfast.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it is believed that eating a healthy, heavy and balanced breakfast is very important. Oats is one of the best options for a breakfast that starts in a healthy way.
Ingredients- Oats Rava Idli
- Instant Oats-2 Cup
- Sooji- Half Cup
- Curd- One Cup
- Grated Carrot- One Piece
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Fruit Salt- Half Tsp
- Salt-As per your requirement
- Sunflower Oil- One Tsp
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Finely Chopped Spring Curry Leaves- One
- Hing-1/4 Tsp
- Finely Chopped Green Chillies- 2 Green Chilies
- Chana Dal-One Tablespoon
- Broken Cashew Nuts-One Tablespoon
How To Prepare Oats Rava Idli
- To begin making the Instant Oats Rava Idli Recipe, we will first prepare the tempering that will be added to the Oats Rava Idli.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add mustard seeds and as they begin to splutter, add chana dal and roast the dal until it turns golden brown. Once the dal has turned golden brown, add chopped green chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida and saute for a few seconds. Turn off the flame and set aside to cool.
- In another pan, on medium flame dry roast the oats until you get the roasted aroma and it slightly changes in colour. Once roasted, allow it to cool and blend to a make a powder and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oats powder and roasted Rava, roasted seasoning ingredients, grated carrots and chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Add yoghurt, salt and little water at a time to make it to a thick batter. The consistency of the oats idli batter should be slightly loose than an idli batter. Set it aside for 10-15 mins. The batter will thicken while it rests. After the resting period, add the fruit salt and mix again.
- Preheat an idli steamer with water. Grease idli plates with oil and pours the batter into each cavity of the idli plate.
- Place the Oats Rava Idli into the steamer and steam for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve the Instant Oats Rava Idli Recipe along with Tomato Onion Chutney or Coconut Chutney.