Nothing makes a chilly winter evening when one rug’s up and enjoy all ideal warm comfort foods – like this roasted pumpkin soup. During the winter season, usually, people have a large bowl of warm soup with grilled chicken or fish.
This roasted pumpkin soup is very healthy and not at all difficult to prepare.
- 250 (grams) pumpkin
- 1-2 small boiled potato. (Prefer- Tiny Cubes)
- 7 garlic cloves
- Half small spring onion (chopped)
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2-3 cups water
- Salt, pepper, oregano to taste
Roasted Pumpkin Soup-Preparation
1. Brush some olive oil on the chunk of pumpkin, spray salt and pepper on it.
2. Crush the garlic cloves with a knife and press them into slits in the pumpkin.
3. Roast the pumpkin in an oven for 45-50 minutes ( at a temp of 200 degrees) until it gets really soft.
4. Remove the garlic cloves earlier if they start turning dark.
5. Take the roasted chunk of pumpkin and scoop out all its flesh right down to the skin.
6. In a viscous bottomed pan, pour olive oil and fry the spring onions and the roasted garlic (finely chopped) until the onion turns translucent.
7, Add the pumpkin flesh and potato cubes.
8. Mix and add ½ cup milk and ½ cup water and cook for five minutes.
9. Place the above mixture into a blender and mix well. Pour back into the pan.
10. Add remaining milk, water, salt, pepper and oregano and give it a boil. Serve hot.