The traditional way to make tandoori murg is by marinating the meat with spices and yoghurt and then cooking it in a tandoor. It is one of the healthiest ways of eating chicken as it is not served with rich sauce.
Tandoori Murg – Ingredients
- Chicken- 800 Gram Skinless and Boneless thighs
- Lemon Juice – 4 Tbsp
- Fresh Root Ginger – 2 Tbsp Peeled and grated
- Garlic Cloves – 8-9 (Crushed)
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder – Half Tsp
- Salt to seasoning
- Natural Yoghurt – 400 ml (Whisked)
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Olive Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Fenugreek (Kastoori Methi)- As per requirement
- Melted Butter – 1 Tbsp
- Chopped Onions (RIngs) – 2 Nos.
- Lemon (Cut into wedges) – 2 Nos.
How to make Tandoori Murg
- Using a sharp knife, make three incisions in the chicken pieces.
- In a large bowl mix the lemon juice, 1 tbsp of the ginger, half crushed garlic and the Kashmiri chilli powder.
- Then add the chicken pieces and coat with the spice mixture. Cover and place in refrigerator for twenty-five minutes.
- Mix yoghurt, remaining ginger, remaining crushed garlic clove, the garam masala, olive oil and fenugreek.
- Take out the chicken from the refrigerator and add the yoghurt marinade. Coat the chicken well and cover the bowl and again return it to the refrigerator for fifteen minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200-degree Celsius. Place the chicken pieces in a roasting tin with the marinade and cover with foil. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Paste with melted butter and cook for further 20-25 minutes, until the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the chicken.
- Serve hot with red onion rings and lemon wedges and mint raita.